Friday, February 20, 2009

Defeat with some Highlights

We had another inner-tube water polo game last night, and we lost. But that is okay because it was nice to have a little bit of challenge again. Also we are hoping that the two games we have lost so far will help us to get into the lower division for the championship, and then we will win and all get some sweet free t-shirts. Even though we lost we had some pretty good highlights of the game:
1. Brandon had a good steal while defending in the first half.
2. Some girl on the other team went to shoot the ball and hit Brandon's arm and thought she broke her hand.
3. Some guy on the other team used his feet several times to get the ball and block, somewhat strange but it works.
4. I had one goal in the second half.
5. After said goal I went to give a girl on my team a high five and fell out of my tube (how embarrassing! We have decided we are only giving air fives from now on)
6. I managed to hit the goalie on the other team at least twice with the ball right in the face, and had several other attempts. ( I felt bad because he got some pretty big red spots on his face from where the ball hit)
Overall it was a pretty good game, the other team had some good skills that we hope to incorporate into our next game. We have one more game in two weeks until the Championship.
On another note, we still have not heard about Brandon's internship so he has decided to start applying to other one's in the area in hopes of being able to stay here the summer so I don't have to look for another job.
Also I have been developing my cooking skills and made (with Brandon's help) some home-made potstickers last Sunday they were delicious!

2 comments:

Deters said...

Oh man I wish I could have been there to see those sweet moves, especially the one where you fell out of the tube.
Andrea, I am a little sad that your posts don't start with 'well' anymore. That was your signature. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Mom says: It sounds like a blast! All those laughs are creating great memories of your first year. Good luck on the internship! Love Mom