Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thursday Thanks

This week I am thankful for the Priesthood.



The Priesthood is the power of God on the earth. It allows us to receive the necessary ordinances to live with our Heavenly Father again. The Priesthood makes it possible for us to be sealed as families for all of eternity. Worthy priesthood holders can give blessings to all those around them. Those blessings can be for health, comfort or just reassurance. I am so grateful that his power was restored to the earth through Joseph Smith. I am grateful that I have been able to receive all the necessary ordinances, most importantly that I have been sealed to my family for time and all eternity. I recently read about a family who just lost their mother and youngest sister. They have received comfort by knowing that they are sealed for eternity and will be reunited after death. That knowledge is comforting, it doesn't necessarily make life any easier after you lose a loved one but it gives the comfort and peace you need to keep going, what a great blessing. I am truly grateful for the trust Heavenly Father places in worthy men to allow them to use His power on the earth.

What are you thankful for this week?

1 comment:

Gina Sims said...

I am thankful for my testimony of the gospel that gets me through & strengthens me in the hard times and gives me hope in the good times!