Well, I have been trying to come up with a good weekly blog idea, and I finally came up with one. I have decided to post something I am thankful for and why each week. Sometimes it may be funny and other times more serious but I will come up with something from the past week I am thankful for and let you all know what it is every Thursday. I would love to hear what you all are thankful for each week as well.
This week I am thankful for answers to prayers.
Last week while I was driving around, I saw an old, scruffy man walking along the side of the road. For some reason watching him touched my heart. I guess I was wondering about his story, and thinking about how I hoped he had a family somewhere that loved him. After that I began thinking and praying for guidance as to how to serve my fellow man better. With all the time I have, I felt like I should be using it in some way to better the lives of those around me. I didn't get any great inspiration while I was driving and thinking about it, and then I kind of forgot about it as the day went on. Then on Sunday my answer came. Brandon and I were asked to serve as ward missionaries for our ward. While the calling is a little intimidating, especially because I am not that out going, I am really looking forward to serving those around me through this calling. I feel like this call came as a direct answer to my prayers, and I look forward to all that it will bring.
Then when I was receiving my blessing from the bishop (as I was being set apart for the calling), I received another answer to another prayer. I have been praying recently for strength, understanding, and comfort as Brandon and I continue trying to start our family. While I don't exactly remember the words the bishop said in the blessing, I do remember the words I felt and it was exactly what I needed. I got a little teary eyed toward the end of the blessing and when I turned around to shake hands with the bishop I'm sure he was wondering how his blessing could have caused me to get teary eyed, but it did. It comforted me. I felt like Heavenly Father told me, that Brandon and I will have a family one day, that I will know what it is like to be a mother, and if I continue doing what I'm doing to be a better disciple and a better spouse to Brandon that blessing might come sooner than I think. This answer while not an answer to all of my questions as to why we are having such a hard time, was an answer to my prayers because it gave me the comfort and strength to move forward and keep my head up.
So all in all, I am thankful for answers to prayers whatever they may be, because I know that Heavenly Father will ALWAYS answer our prayers even if we think he isn't listening. He is! And He will answer every prayer we offer.
Now, what are you thankful for?

7 comments:
I think this week, I am most thankful for the trust Heavenly Father places in us to make our own decisions. Sometimes this is very hard for me, but in the end, I am always grateful that we get to choose and learn from our choices :-) Great idea by the way!
I am glad you had such a good experience. And hopefully your new calling will provide lots of oppotunity for growth.
This week I am thankful for health and the comfort that comes with knowing your family members are healthy.
Wow, I'd be terrified with that calling! You'll do great though. And this week I'm thankful for clorox wipes and hand sanitizer! But on a more spiritual note, I'm thankful for my scriptures. I've never been one to be able to enjoy reading and understanding. But recently I've changed the way I am studing the scriptures and it has helped me to be excited about reading and makes me want to research as much as I can to understand as much as possible. What a huge blessing for me!
Andrea,
I love this idea & make just borrow it! By the way I think I cry every time I get a blessing I just can't help it! I am thankful this week for a loving family!
That is awesome Andrea!
I am thankful for you, such a sensitive daughter who is striving with her hubby to do the right things in their lives. You have always had this closness to the spirit. When your Grandma Weiss passed away I think you were five and you turned to me and said when ever you miss her just look up and know she is there. So certain and that has always comforted me. I love you Mom
Andrea, we love you! (By we, I guess I just mean me . . . I'm too used to saying "we" as in "me and Tyler" lol. But he likes you guys too!) Anyway, I love you and I think you are so amazing. I'm so sorry that things are so hard for you. I'm not really much good for advice, but if you ever need to vent or spaz out or game out or just get away, give me a call! I'm pretty good at listening and I can spaz out right along with you and we'll find loads of things to distract ourselves with :) I think you're great and I hope that you find the strength you need to push yourself through the struggles you're facing and remember that you are loved by more people than you know :)
Post a Comment