Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Arts and Crafts

Well, I know that some of you might have already seen some of these pictures on facebook, but since this blog is kind of like a journal, I decided to post them again, along with some other pictures of arts/crafts I have recently finished.
The other day I felt like making Jello, for fun I cut out this note for Brandon.
Paintings for our bedroom. The inspiration came from David Bromstad on Color Splash, and his inspiration was African lilies. I think they are really cool and they match the theme of our bedroom. 
Close up of the quilt
First quilt, this is also in our room now.
This is a Baby Changing Kit I made for a friend. It consists of a changing blanket, covered travel wipe case, and a small bag to keep a few diapers in. It folds up all together and can easily be taken with you whenever you need to change a little one. I used these two tutorials to put it together with a few adjustments: blanket, wipe case and bag
Close up of the covered wipe case (sorry it's a little blurry)

Another close up of the wipe case.
Small bag for diapers.

The blanket folds up around the other two items to make the changing kit, which can be grabbed quickly for changing the little ones.
I have absolutely loved the time I have had to work on my arts and crafts skills! I hope that they will help me with my future family, I know that my mother's sewing skills sure helped me!

4 comments:

Gina Sims said...

They are so cute, you sure are talented!

Jeff & Marci said...

Um love all of it!! Especially that diaper changing kit thing! That is AWESOME!!! :)

Nicole & Ammon said...

Good job Andrea!

ditndetes said...

LOVE it!!!