Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What I've been up to...

Well, I have been busy creating things for our little girl. It has been a lot of fun! Here are some pictures of what I have made so far and a few pictures of a few things I made for four of my cousins who are all having babies before me.

Three of my cousins on my mom's side are all having boys, so I decided to make them a ll a cute wipe case and knit hat (I took the picture before I had completed the third hat, but it basically looked the same ;-) )

This is a car seat blanket I made for another cousin who is having a girl...today! It has flannel on the inside and cotton on the outside.

This is the first blanket I made for our little girl. I fell in love with this fabric before we even got pregnant I think so I just bought 2 yds of it and figured I would figure out something to do with it later. Once we found out we were having a girl I was so excited to use it! As you might notice there is a "P" on it. For those of you don't know we have decided on a name for our little girl (in Brandon's words unless we get some revelation on the matter this will be her name). I actually felt very strongly before we found out what we were having that the little one inside of me was a girl and her name would be...First, I would love to hear the guesses of those that haven't heard her name yet. 


This is the back of the blanket, Brandon helped me come up with the pattern, anyone recognize our inspiration?

This was actually the first carseat blanket I made, I hadn't made one before so I practiced before making my cousins. I haven't decided if I am going to keep it our give it away yet.
Most recently I've been working on the nursery stuff...I am SO excited about it! It has been a lot of fun working on and figuring out. I'm also almost completely done with a changing kit which is pretty cute, the only thing it's missing is a black button so when I finally get around to getting that I'll post a picture. I also started decorating some onesies for her, they are pretty cute, and I will get pictures up when they are all done.

6 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

You are going to be the cutest mom!

Bekah said...

I wish I was as crafty as you. I love seeing what you make!

Gina Sims said...

You are so talented!

ditndetes said...

The inspiration is tetris!!! Right???

And my name guess is Paisley. Or Payton. Or Presley.

Deters said...

My guess is Gertrude or Brunhilda or no wait...Helga. how close am I?

Bickmores said...

Thanks everyone!
Yup Jamie, the inspiration is tetris. Hanni, as nice as those names are, you would be a lot closer if you picked one that started with a P ;)