Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gratitude

I know today is not Thursday and that I should probably be showering and finally getting ready for the day but I was thinking about how blessed I am and wanted to write down my feelings. Sometimes when I'm not stressing about the future and raising children in a continually darkening world I am overwhelmed with gratitude that right now, as I write this, there is a little angel girl growing inside of me. It truly is a miracle. I can't wait until the day I can hold this little girl in my arms, I hope I can remember to take the time to enjoy every minute because from what I have been told it goes way too fast. I don't want to rush through my children's lives. And while I can't wait until I get to hold our little girl, I also don't want to completely rush through the pregnancy. I want to enjoy every kick and nudge and all of the little/big aches and pains because it is all a part of the process. Yesterday, I didn't really feel her move much, and I know that as far along as I am that is nothing to be to concerned about, but I still feel like I was slightly stressed all day worrying about what was going on in my stomach. Today I was blessed to be able to feel her as a woke up and then as weird as it may sound I threw up as I started eating my breakfast. While I am glad I'm not throwing up every day anymore and getting sick is pretty infrequent, I am thankful that every once in a while I still get sick. I'm grateful for all of the little pregnancy symptoms that can get annoying but that tell me our little girl is growing healthy and strong. I only have four months left, and while that still feels like a long time it feels like just yesterday Brandon and I were talking about how we still had five months. The time already seems to be going quickly, which is nice, but I hope I can remember to enjoy each day. Anyways, this is probably a bunch of jumbled thoughts but I am truly grateful for the opportunity to start our family and my heart was overflowing this morning with joy to be having a little girl. Heavenly Father truly does bless us.

2 comments:

MelMac30 said...

Beautiful sentiment. I love you sister!

Gina Sims said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful feelings!