Well, we had a great learning experience this week which I thought I would share. Last weekend we went to Walmart and thought it would be fun to buy some goldfish. In order to do so we had to buy a tank, so we bought a cheap, small, tank we thought would be great for a couple of little fish. As the week progressed, we noticed the fish swimming to the top a lot. After two of them died, Brandon decided to look up how to take care of gold fish. We found out that the tank we had was too small for three fish, and the reason they kept swimming to the top was because the were essentially suffocating...sad day! So, this weekend we decided to try and save the third fish by buying a bigger, cooler fish tank that pumped air into the water. We also picked up another fish.
When we got home we put everything together and put the new fish in the tank, we found out that the fish we had picked up was like 3 sizes bigger than our original fish. Anyways, after a little we put the original fish into the big tank, in the process he got caught in the little net and possibly hurt his fin. He seemed to be doing better by the end of the night so we were really hopeful. Unfortunately, he died yesterday, I think it is because he just had too rough of a week, and the bigger new fish was kind of bullying him a little bit. So the moral of the story is: I would not trust us with your fish if you had to go out of town for a weekend. However, we are trying to improve and educate ourselves on how to take care of fish because I was told in my interior design class that having a little fish tank in your home adds good chi, which sounds good to me. I also wanted to tell this story because we got a really cool tank and we took pictures of it and I wanted to show you all. So the tank is called the Aquaview 360, it is a cylinder shape, and has bubbles flowing up a tube in the middle. The tube also has some led lights at the bottom and you can turn them to 7 different colors: red, blue, light-orange/yellow, orange, purple, bluish-purple, and reddish-purple. Right now we have it on orange in commemoration of Halloween (it is currently our only Halloween decoration inside...). Below our some pictures:
Above is the fish tank. The white and orange goldfish is Phineas. The one in the background is the last original fish that died...So we went to the store and replaced him with a bigger white and orange one, whom we named Ferb. Below is the fish tank in the dark, you can see the bubbles in the middle colored by the Orange LED lights which are at the bottom of the tank.
Friday night was our ward Halloween party, we decided to go as Bed Heads (we threw on some pj's and messed up our hair a bit, I really liked Brandon's hair). At the Halloween party we got to carve a little pumpkin, so I thought I would post some pictures of our hair and the pumpkin (see below).
Well those are our most recent adventures, hopefully we will not have anymore fish deaths!
3 comments:
Fish deaths must run in our family. We can't keep fish alive no matter what we try! See you soon! I love the apartmnet!!!
Sad little fishies! Did you have names picked out? Glad you guys had a nice halloween. I love reading updates on how things are going!
Haha, yeah the names of the original fish were Chico, Ralph, and Shark-Bait.
Post a Comment