Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday Thanks

This week I'm truly grateful for Brandon and his continual love and support. I really couldn't ask for a better man to live with for eternity. I'm also grateful for this months Ensign. It is full of wonderful articles about eternal marriage. I really like one of the articles by Elder Hales. He talks about how marriage is like climbing a mountain he says, "Celestial marriage is like climbing a mountain. You tie yourself to an eternal companion, and you start up the mountain. As children come along, you tie into them as well and continue your journey. The ropes will hold all of the mountain climbers together, but the wind, rain, snow, and ice—challenges of the world—will tear at you to pull you off that mountain.How do you reach the summit? If Mom or Dad gives up and cuts the rope that binds them to each other and their children, chances are that one or the other may fall off the mountain and perhaps pull down other family members with them. The whole family could fall off that mountain and not reach the eternal summit. We can’t take that chance. Let us always be mindful that as members of a family, we are tied to a mountain team that is attempting to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father."
I really like the imagery he uses. I'm so glad I have Brandon and that he wants to climb the mountain, by my side back to Heavenly Father's presence. Marriage is not easy, but with the right mind set and goals, together you can make it through anything.

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments: