Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday Thanks

This week I'm thankful for the church songs and hymns. 


Almost instantly, when starting to sing them or hum them, I am filled with the spirit. Sometimes I just need to be able to quickly call on the spirit and receive its strength and peace in my life. Singing the hymns and children's songs allow me to do that. I feel as if the Savior is gathering me up in His arms and whispering to my heart exactly what I need to hear. I am so grateful that men and women used their talents to create such beautiful and inspiring pieces of music.

What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

CL said...

I Am a Child of God is my lifesaver. I sing it anytime I start stressing or am having a hard time. As a current primary chorister- there are TONS of good ones and I love hearing kids sing them!!

Ricci said...

Andrea, you inspire me :) I love reading your posts. I'm thankful for sunshine this week! I know winter is just around the corner, but I'm taking advantage of every last bit of summer and warmth!