Well, May is birthday month here in the Bickmore house. Brandon's birthday was on May 6th (last Thursday) and in celebration we decided to go out to Chile's for dinner and then to the dollar theater to see Avatar. Overall, Brandon thought his birthday was GREAT! For his birthday I got Brandon a new cordless mouse, as his old one was acting very flaky and would not always connect to his computer, and to go along with said mouse I made him a new mouse pad on shutterfly with one of his favorite pictures of us. He also got a card and some money from his Grandparents and some new toothbrush heads for his sonicare toothbrush, from my parents. Below is a picture of the mouse and mouse pad I got for Brandon.
I am lucky enough to have a wonderful husband that spoils me, so I already got my birthday gift, it is also being considered partly a mother's day gift (even though we don't have any kids yet). Brandon got me a wedding band that goes perfectly with my engagement ring. When we got married I told him that I did not really want a wedding band because I was not that big a fan of rings, but over the past year and a half or so I started playing around with the idea of getting one, and we found the perfect one so we got it! I love it. I also got some new toothbrush heads for my sonicare tooth brush from my parents. We decided to celebrate my birthday this year by visiting Janelle and Bridge up in Idaho, and I can't wait. We will be heading up there on my birthday (May 28th) and spending the weekend through memorial day with them, we are very excited. Below is a picture of my new wedding band, it is beautiful.
For Brandon's birthday I decided to try making my own version of a strawberry short-cake, since Brandon claims that is his favorite birthday treat. I have posted some pictures below of my creation, and it was pretty good. It was basically a layer of cake, then a layer of vanilla pudding, then a layer of whipped cream, topped with a layer of strawberries and then repeated. I told Brandon after I made it that I was so proud of myself, I felt like such a little homemaker making his cake, and I am glad it turned out so delicious.


2 comments:
What a wonderful birthday for both of you and such special gifts Beautiful wedding ring! Nice job you guys!The cake looks sooo yummy We love you guys ! mom
Happy Birthday to the Bickmore's! Your ring is gorgeous!
Post a Comment