Well we lost our inner tube water polo game on Wednesday :( We were down one person because our 3rd girl did not show for the game and so due to the rules we could only play our 2 girls and 3 boys plus a goalie which made our last team member sit out. I did however still make 2 goals which was cool because their defense was all over us and it was hard to get past them. The final score was something like 56 to 32 (I didn't actually check, so this is the approximation Brandon gave me). Hopefully, since we lost this one we will be put in the lower division for the final and kick some inner tube water polo butt!
I found out that I got a Pell Grant this week, which is very cool. Brandon and I are so blessed!
Brandon, interviewed for a job this summer on Wednesday. Although, because it is a job (and Brandon already has a job as a TA this semester) they can't tell him that they will hire him for sure because it depends on how their company is doing at the end of the semester. But they did tell him they are 99% sure the offer will still be good in 6-7 weeks so it looks pretty good that Brandon has a job this summer right here in Provo which is Amazing!
For all of you who don't know Brandon and I are joining Hanni and Adam in the goal to read the Book of Mormon before Easter. It is kind of our way of celebrating lent. The way I see it, if people give up something for lent in order to come closer to Jesus Christ and his suffering for them, why not actually come closer to Christ by giving up time and studying the words he would have us study! I am really enjoying reading the Book of Mormon with Brandon, we have had such good conversations about the gospel and the words we are reading.
We are busy in another 2 weeks of tests. Brandon has 2 tests this week, 1 he took yesterday and felt like he did well on and the other one he is taking today. I have 4 tests next week and a quiz so I am just trying to study for those.
Other than that, Brandon and I have started to go running together which is wonderful. Since we came out to BYU this semester we were some what addicted to ice cream and dessert and seemed to have it every night. We decided that probably was not such a good habit to get into so we were just going to stop buying ice cream altogether, but that was really hard for me. So we made the decision that we would buy ice cream but could only have some on Friday or Saturday if we ran 3 times in the past week. I have my work cut out for me though because Brandon ran cross-country and track in high school...YIKES!
We ran twice this week because we had to go up to campus early on Wednesday so we didn't have time, but we are on our way!
Well that is the latest from the past week, hope you all are doing well!
1 comment:
Awesome! I'm glad you are still up to reading the Book of Mormon with us. And congrats on the pell grant.
Post a Comment