Well, it's funny how vital these Thursday Thanks posts are for me. For the past few weeks I have not been thinking of all the things I should be grateful for, but rather everything I wish I had. So, forcing myself to think of one new thing that I am grateful for this week is a good exercise to keep me grounded.
This week I am thankful for a friendly neighborhood.
Moving into a house is much different than moving into an apartment, at least in our case it is. When we moved into our apartment, no one came by to welcome us, which is fine, but since we have moved in to our home two people have brought over home-baked goodies and welcomed us here (although one was by mistake, but she can accidentally bring me goodies any time she wants, they were delicious). Our next door neighbor passed us while we were both on evening walks, and she took the time to introduce herself and welcome us to the neighborhood. Then last night while we were out on our evening walk some people that were sitting out on the driveway invited us to come over, gave us homemade rolls with homemade strawberry freezer jam, and chatted with us. It does make it nice that they were in our new ward so they had an extra reason to get to know us but it was still very nice. We picked a good neighborhood, I think, and I am glad everyone is so friendly!
What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:
Post a Comment