Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Weekend

Well we have had an excellent Valentine's weekend. My cousin Jami invited us to her Stake's Valentine's Social, which was Friday, so we decided to do most of our Valentine's Day celebration on Friday. We started off with me giving Brandon his gift. I was pretty excited about his gift because he has been bugging me for a while now that I should pick up programming. Well I haven't really picked it up as a hobby yet, but I decided to program a little application for him for Valentine's Day. I will describe it for you all since I can't really show it to you. When you ran the application a window popped up with several tabs. The first tab had instructions to explore all of the tabs and buttons to find out how much I love Brandon. Then you go through each tab and there are different labeled buttons. The first tab had buttons "L" "O" "V" "E" then when you clicked on the buttons another dialog window would pop up with a quote or a little thought about my love for Brandon. It might sound nerdy and a little cheesy, but Brandon loved it, which made me happy. Then we decided to go out to dinner. I was expecting Brandon's gift to be in the car, so when I got in a kept looking around but didn't see anything. Then the car started and I noticed there was a CD playing. Now normally Brandon and I don't listen to music in the car unless we are on a long road trip or something, so it was kind of weird to me. Once the CD started it all made sense. I had mentioned a week or so ago, while looking at my friends blog which had one of the songs from the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack playing, that I really wanted that soundtrack. So Brandon got it for me and had it start playing on our way to dinner, I thought it was very sweet and thoughtful of him. After dinner at Red Robbin, we went shopping and then headed off to the Social. It was fun to dance with Brandon, even though he got frustrated every once in a while for not being able to remember the dances he had learned in his ballroom class at BYU. There was also cheese cake, which was very good, and a Newly Weds game. We decided to play the game just for fun, and it was a lot of fun, we almost won, but I failed Brandon on the last bonus question so we came in second. 
The rest of our weekend was nice and relaxing, and tonight we are going to continue relaxing with Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner and a movie. 
I am so lucky to have such a wonderful man by my side. It still amazes me when I think about my life and where I am and where I started. After my freshman year of college, I never expected that I would be married several months later. I am so grateful for the guidance and blessings that Heavenly Father has given to me and Brandon and the wonderful life we share together. I look forward to the day when I can share my love with our children, but for now I am content to share it all with Brandon and our families. 

4 comments:

Gina Sims said...

I am glad that you had such a wonderful Valentine's day!

Kate Challis said...

Oh my gosh. Okay, so you have completely inspired me for my V-day gift for Danny next year. He would just love something like that, and yes, he would think it's super nerdy, but we are both nerds, and he would love it. I need to, like, put a reminder in my phone for a year from now so I will remember hahaha

ditndetes said...

Happy Valentines Day!!! Glad we could have some fun together.

Nicole & Ammon said...

happy v-day!